Monday is a Pro D day so I will be on and off the office 365 program, but will be working on other things. There will probably be a quiz for math on Tuesday p. 70-78. I will post late Monday night what the assignments are for this week. Enjoy your day off.
This work is for the whole week
I will be online from 8:30 -11:30 and 12:30- 3:00. You don’t have to video chat, but I would like you to try and call me with just audio under chat to do a check with you of how you are doing. If I don’t answer I might be on another call with another student I will call you back. We will do a practice math quiz next Monday on office 365 for a trial run of quizzes.
Math Do p. 81, p. 82-83, 84- 85, and p. 86-88. I will also post answers to the workbook p. 70-80 on office 365 under content library on class notebook. Watch for updates on video examples on teams chat under math examples.
Writing– Write about a time you have shown an act of kindness to someone. (How it makes you feel? How it makes that person feel? What did you do?, etc. )
Reading– You should be reading for 20- 30 min a day and when finishing a book you should be doing an Accelerated reader test.
Science– You are going to pick 2 Terrestrial planets ( Mercury, venus, Earth, or Mars) Find information on diameter, distance from the sun, length of year, length of day, temperature range, atmosphere, moons, fun facts, missions. Use
- http://www.mynelson.com username: bc48 Password: NelsonBC123
- other internet resources
- pages 79-80
- Journal entry “challenge”. Name the different meanings of the word challenge and how it relates to you? (hint look at the heading down below “How to do written assignments”
For Thursday I will be available from 8:30 to 11:45 am. At 1:00 the staff will all be doing a parade around town so come out and wave cause “we miss our students”. The parade route is posted to the school Facebook page. Have a great easter weekend.
I have posted some videos of some examples that are out of our math book on our teams page if you feel like you need a little bit of help. This is how you get to them.
- go to our teams page
- you should look up on the page and see a title called “math examples using video’s”
- click on this and it will give you some video’s I have made of some of the questions
This is how you can upload your math
- Take a picture of it or scan it using a scanner
- click on teams
- click on class notebook
- click on your name on the left hand side
- click on math
- use an untitled page and title it the date
- click below
- click the file or picture and upload it
How to do written assignments
- go to class notebook
- pick your name on the left hand side
- go to the subject you are working on
- Add a page and title it
- Then you can just write and add pictures
1. First thing if you have not communicated with me on office 365 yet please look at the directions from April 7th in order to do that.
2. You should be keeping a Journal each week describing each day
3. Math- Work on p.77-78 Solving equations in your jump math book
4. Read- If you have a book at home already pull out a book and read. If you have finished that book be sure to sign into you Accelerated Reader and do the quiz on it. Also you should make sure you can get onto your epic reader site.
I originally sent your parents by email an invite to my epic account. If you can not get onto this by that send me an email or talk to me on office 365 chat and I can tell you the access code. to get in. This is also a site that you can select books to read.
Once again don’t stress or worry we are all in this together and it is a learning experience. Just try your best.
Just a heads up these will be my hours online where I will be at my computer, but if I am not online please don’t hesitate to contact me. I will also check back at other times that I am not online to help if needed so you can still message me and I will help as soon as I can.
Hours online where I can be reached:
8:30 am to 11:30 and 12:30 to 3:00
First thing is get onto office and see whether you can chat with me. This is how you can communicate with me.
- go to http://www.office.com
- punch in your student login and password I gave you on your sheet
- enter into teams app
- click on Mr. Salloway’s class
- click on teams or chat and say hello to me so I know you got in.
In this you will also see class notebook. This is the area that is your own notebook. You can add assignments and type right into the documents. This is also where I can add things for you to do.
You should already have p. 70- 76 done in your math Jump book 6.2 from before spring break so if you haven’t you should work on it. Wednesday we will start our assigned work. You will find the work posted here for Wednesday morning. I am still trying to figure out a couple of things on office so I will post directions on how to take pictures of work, upload, or post in your files on classroom notebook. Thank you for your patience.
Math- p. 73- 76 Expressions
Science- Physics quiz #2 Make sure to bring 2L Bottle after spring break
Skating Monday March 30
Clean up locker, desk, file. Planner check
Watch a movie
Math- p. 70-72 Find the unknown
Art- Spring picture
French- Supermarket quiz
Language Arts- Figurative language Word choice week 3 day 1,2
Report cards go home today
Math- Review math quiz #2 and then do the test
Science- Review for Physics Quiz #2
Language Arts- Loser Project Possible final day
Socials- Definitions and introduction to Immigration
French- Bingo Review supermarket
Buddy reading- Games
Math- Mark p. 37-40, p. 46-47 Quiz #2 Test tomorrow decimals
Language Arts- Loser project
French- Finish Supermarket package study for quiz on Thursday
Language Arts- Simile, Metaphor, Personification define and make a couple of examples
Teacher Choice- Finish pattern art
Library- Exchange books
Teacher choice- Gaga Ball